...varsity cardigans. Absolutely.
...or for a more casual/urban look, you could try a hooded varsity cardigan. This one right here is sickening.
...you could NEVER EVER go wrong with a pea coat (I call them Sunday School Coats, lol). They are not just for winter. The thing I like about them is that you can dress them up (usually buttoned all the way up as pictured)....or....you could dress them down (usually leaving it unbuttoned...it looks less 'churchy'/dressy....


(unbuttoned)

You can also wear a hoodie underneath to make it even more casual. My favorite look... *dougies*

...and of course you can substitute a pea coat for a suit jacket.

The number one thing that I would love to see die and decompose this fall/winter/lifetime is the little flimsy checkered scarves with the little frillies hanging at the ends....
...no words....I guess its because everytime I see someone wearing them, they ALWAYS wear them wrong. They always have a loud, awkward color (neon green, bright purple, loud yellow)...and 8 times out of 10 the color of the scarf never matches any other color they are wearing (if you don't believe me, see for yourself).
Don't get me wrong though...I've seen a few people wear it correctly, and it made me double think the fact that they make everyone look like douche bags who are trying too hard to be trendy...temporarily.
(Please take no offense)
I usually go with the wool scarves, but since its Fall, you would want to go with something 'lighter' (unless you like having a moist neck).


You have to remember that Fall time is more of a neutral season, not too hot, not too cold. 
That means that you don't really 'need' to wear a scarf. If you see someone wearing a scarf during Fall, a lot of the times its for fashion; therefore, I don't feel that its necessary to wrap it around your neck. They look good just laying on your shoulders as well.
 BaAD-DOW! 

I am also really pressed on military shirts. This one is the bomb dot com...I like the denim look on this one. You can dress it up by buttoning it to the top, and wear a skinny tie with it.

Every time I see this jacket, I come this close *index finger and thumb one inch apart* to purchasing it. I think I will this Fall. It can also be a winter jacket (depending on where you live). For Fall, you can wear this with a V-neck or tee, and your good to go.

Its important to be smart with your money. Make sure when you get a jacket for Fall, you could also wear it during the winter time (unless you ballin')...it all depends on what you wear under it. Make your clothes multi-task. 



This is just me...but I usually stick with the same kind of jeans. I like the rugged/ripped look...with a tear and some fading here and there. Your legs won't get cold if you get the correct kind of jeans...you can find many with rips and tears, that does not expose your skin (or you could add patches to the inside of the pants.
I also stick to the dark denim, no picture needed. Regular ol' dark blue denim. 
I personally don't do khakis. They always make people look like they are going to work somewhere.
(The jeans pictured above are, but of course, american Eagle.)
If you need to get 'inspired', or looking to experiment with different looks, you can shop (or browse online) my personal favorites.... H&M (www.hm.com/us/), American Eagle (http://www.ae.com/web/index.jsp), and Express (www.express.com).

....but no matter what I think, find your own look/style. Even if you like those foolish scarves with the stringy frillies...always do you.


"For me, clothes are kind of character; I don't follow fashion or understand trends."
                                               -Meryl Streep 

....that basically means that your outward should reflect your inward. If you like it, wear it...no matter what the trend is, and vice versa. Who determines what looks good or not? YOU! BUT....I talk about things that look foolish, no matter how sharp you think you is, and if you don't like it, I don't care. This is MY blog (EfBLAWG), so suck an egg.




Posted by CalvinEF

0 comments:

...any thoughts and opinions posted in these blogs are the thoughts and opinions of Calvin Ef and are not subject to change.